Sunday, February 12, 2017

Wines for the Perfect Valentine's Day




I don’t think I’ve talked about this on the blog before so here it is – I HATE Valentine’s Day.

I think it’s a completely commercialized holiday made up so that companies can charge you ridiculous amounts of money for things. I suppose it is fitting that I’m not a fan of Valentine’s Day because I also don’t really like flowers (as a gift). Flowers cut from your own garden are awesome but, paying a million dollars for flowers from a company is silly, in my opinion. They last like a week then they die. Give me something useful – like food.

Anyways, there is a bit of silver lining to this whole holiday. That of course – WINE!

What a great excuse to pop open a bottle and celebrate your love of wine.

Here are some fun, Valentine’s type wines for you to try out this year.


This is a fun little blend with a name and label perfect for a Valentine’s night at home. Flavors of plum, cherry and vanilla with just a hint of oak. It’s surprisingly complex for a wine with such a cheeky name.




This is a true Zinfandel that boasts flavors of pepper, vanilla, black cherry and plum. A delightfully sinful choice for Valentine’s Day.




Sometimes you just need bubbles in your life and Valentine’s is the perfect occasion to indulge. This is a delicate, fizzy red that will pair perfectly with those chocolate covered strawberries.









No comments:

Post a Comment