Friday, September 4, 2015

Chill Out - Frozen Fruits For Your Wine


Sarah, over on Venus Trapped in Mars posted this genius list of life tutorials a few days ago. When I saw the one about the best frozen fruits to chill your wine, I just had to share. The original post came from House Beautiful and I love this idea so much. I’ve talked before about my lack of planning skills when it comes to social gatherings. I can never seem to keep wines in the fridge ahead of time so that they are already cold when I need them. Putting ice cubes in your wine just waters it down and destroys the flavor. THIS is the solution to all of my "I forgot to chill the wine" needs!

I’ve never thought of putting frozen fruit into my wine to help chill it – AMAZING! I will now be stocking my freezer with ALL of the fruits. The best part of this tip? Once you've polished off your glass of wine, you have a delicious wine-infused treat to enjoy!

Here’s the list of wine/fruit pairings from House Beautiful. Then, I’ve included a “Bang for your Buck” wine suggestion list (they are all under $10!) for each varietal as well from the Wine Chateau online store.


Let me know how your frozen fruit wine ice cubes work for you!


BEST "BANG FOR YOUR BUCK"


Cupcake Vineyards Prosecco - Aromas of white peach, grapefruit and honeydew melon lead to flavors of creamy ripe lemon, refined citrus and a toasted brioche finish.








The Seeker Rosé 2012A dry rosé, elegant, fresh and delicately fruity featuring floral aromas with bright citrus, white peach, and red berry flavors.








Alamos Chardonnay - This wine displays a stunning array of ripe peach, pear and apple flavours which marry harmoniously with toasty oak.


















Little Black Dress Reisling - Pale yellow in color, with a rich and floral bouquet accented by aromas of pear and apricot.















Gatonegro Moscato - Pale with strawish tones.Intense flowery and citrus aromas with sweet tones.Sweet with a pleasant acidity that balances and gives freshness to it, aromas that remind us of ripe peaches and apricots grant it a pleasant final persistance.













Casas Del Toqui Sauvignon Blanc Single Estate 2013 - Very fresh wine with intense aromas of tropical fruits, fine mineral notes and citrus accents, lively palate and pleasing finish. 













Graffigna Pinot Grigio Reserve Centenario 2014 - Hints of jasmine and notes of white fruits like peach and apricot, with a refined finish. 















Nathanson Creek White Zinfandel - Light and fresh with watermelon and citrus-like flavors. Sweet but balanced with medium acidity and floral berry aromas.

2 comments: