Thursday, July 2, 2015

Patriotic Picnic - Host your own for the 4th of July




It's hard not to get wrapped up in Patriotism and the Red, White and Blue during the 4th of July holiday. It's not just a day off work, it's a day to celebrate this awesome country that we live in.

Hopefully wherever you are, the weather isn't TOO hot to get outside and enjoy some sunshine. A backyard BBQ is the perfect excuse to get family and friends together and it's one of my favorite summer activities.

Now I'll admit something here to y'all - I'm a Pinterest ADDICT. I'm not exactly sure how my life was complete before Pinterest existed. It's an amazing place to gather ideas and find new ones. Other fellow Pinterest aficionados have come in to my house and immediately pointed out my many Pinterest inspired projects.

I love to get pretty much all of my entertaining ideas from Pinterest too. So here, I'll share some of my favorite ideas with you so that you can be the hostess with the mostess at your Patriotic Picnic this year!


Picnic Tip #1 - It's all about the DETAILS

I am an absolute freak about the smallest little details any time I entertain. I think it's super important to have your table set and decorated to the nines. To me, those details are what makes a party memorable.


I love the red flowers in the basket with the American flag centerpiece - simple yet makes a big statement. You also can't go wrong with an awesome red, white and blue checked table cloth!





















I am OBSESSED with burlap and love it for just about any holiday. These mason jars are adorable and super simple to make.





















Make sure you go ALL OUT with the Red, White and Blue - and that includes with your serving pieces! This is an adorable way to display silverware.




















Picnic Tip #2 - The Food Must be Delicious!

Just because you are eating outside, doesn't mean the food has to be boring. Branch out a bit from your typical hamburgers and hot dogs (unless you really do love them!) and make some awesome food that packs a punch.



I'm a huge BBQ fan and I just don't think you can go wrong with some good ole' Southern Pulled Pork BBQ on a yummy, buttery bun.





















I've made these tortellini kabobs for an event before and they were a huge hit. They are super easy to eat when presented on skewers. You can even make a creamy pesto dipping sauce to go with them!




















Don't forget the Red, White and Blue with your dessert! I LOVE making these little dessert bites topped with fruit. You can either do brownies or sugar cookies. The blueberries and strawberries with the cool whip filling are so patriotic!


















Picnic Tip #3 - Make Sure There Are Plenty of Drinks

I wouldn't be doing this blog justice if I didn't share some amazing wine-inspired beverage for your event! Make something refreshing and cold to keep your guests hydrated.


I really love this non-alcoholic idea for a 4th of July picnic. Ice cold water with fresh strawberries and blueberries for just a hint of summery flavor - YUM!





















FINALLY - here is my favorite 4th of July inspired Sangria recipe. Make up a big ole' batch and your party is sure to be a hit!



















Picnic Tip #4 - HAVE FUN!!

The most important tip I can give to you for entertaining is to have fun. Make sure you plan ahead of time so that you can actually ENJOY your own party! You want to be able to mingle with your guests instead of constantly hurrying in and out of the kitchen. Do your cooking, prep and setup before the party starts. That way, you can really let loose!



No comments:

Post a Comment