Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Last Minute Gifts for Kids




The countdown is on so I’m sharing my last Gift Guide installment for your last minute shopping ideas. If the kids in your life are anything like mine, they all have way too many toys. I buy for a lot of kids at the holidays and one theme I always stick to is books. No matter what, they all get at least one book.

I’m such a big advocate for promoting reading – especially in the fast paced, technology driven world that we all live in. There’s just nothing like curling up on the couch with an actual, printed book in your hands.

Here are some great children’s series that you should share with the kids in your life.


I recently discovered this company and I LOVE their books. You can find a book for every age child. The best part is that all of their books are so unique and interactive. And, they cost the same as you would spend at one of those big chain stores. I bought a ton of books this year from them for kids aged 6 months to 11 years!




I feel like this series goes without saying for those kids 7 and older (or so). I read this series as an adult and loved it. It’s so well written and transports you to the most fun, imaginative world. If no one has read this series – start them on it now!




This was one of my favorite series growing up and was so happy to see that you could still find these books in stores. They tell the story of 4 orphaned children who make a home in an abandoned boxcar. They eventually turn into amateur sleuths and solve crazy mysteries. The best part is that there are over 137 books in the series so, as long as you keep track of which ones you’ve bought, you’ll never go wrong!




If you haven’t ever heard of this series, please go look it up right now. Amelia Bedilia is such a fun, lighthearted children’s series that while dates back to the 60’s, still remains a classic today. The series follows the hilarious day to day activities of Amelia, a maid who is always taking things her employer says literally and ends up in comical situations because of it.





This series is a newer one that my niece recently introduced me to. There are 10 books that follow the life of a meek middle schooler who struggles to fit in. The books are filled with fun drawings and hand written notes that make it look like a child’s diary. Perfect for any kid on the brink of (or in) middle school.



HAPPY SHOPPING!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment