Monday, March 6, 2017

The Wine Expo Is Coming!



One of my favorite days of the year is almost here and I’m so excited. The Virginia Wine Expo is happening THIS WEEKEND!




Last year was the first time I had been and let’s just say – I was hooked. You’ve never seen so many wineries all in one place. It’s fabulous. It’s mostly Virginia wineries but each year they have a special “featured region” that they celebrate. When I saw what the region would be for this year’s expo, I could barely contain myself.

They are featuring Spain!

Spain is my absolute most favorite wine region around and they produce some of the tastiest varietals. Needless to say I am really looking forward to tasting some delicious new Spanish wines.

In preparation of our visit to the expo this year, I went onto their website to peruse the list of Virginia wineries that would be in attendance. While the tasting is an all-day event, there’s still always too many wineries to hit all of them. So, it’s important to prioritize.



I tend to gravitate towards wineries that I have never heard of, been to or seen at other festivals around Virginia. This year, there are 7 wineries that have made the top of my list as “must tastes” this year.


Castle Glen
Cunningham Creek
Gabriele Rausse
Notaviva
Stanburn
Whitebarrel

90+ Cellars


Of course we will make it to more than these 7 booths but these are at the top of my priority list!

Another fun thing that I’m debating for the expo this year is something that I saw some people with at the event last year. Pretzel necklaces! I thought this was the coolest idea. When you are wine tasting ALL DAY, sustenance is so important if you are actually going to still be standing when the day is over. This might be just the ticket to keep us going in between food vendors!



I can’t wait to share all of my adventures at the expo with all of you so stay tuned!




3 comments:

  1. So happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post.

    CLICK HERE TO SEE FREE MOTHERS DAY GIFTS
    Happy Mothers Day Gifts 2019

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to share mothers Day wishes & quotes, also there people whose mom is in heaven, for them i like to some funny mother day quotes with that anybody would understand mother daughter relationship quotes. Thanks for sharing Mother in law quotes on mother day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to share a testimony on how mr benjamin helped me with loan of 2,000,000.00 USD to finance my marijuana farm project , I'm very grateful and i promised to share this legit funding company to anyone looking for way to expand his or her business project.the company is funding company. Anyone seeking for finance support should contact them on lfdsloans@outlook.com Mr Benjamin is also on whatsapp +1-989-394-3740 to make things easy for any applicant. 

    ReplyDelete